Mira Adanja-Polak is internationally recognized freelance journalist and presenter, researcher, activist and author. She is an independent producer in Belgrade, Serbia.
Mira Adanja-Polak hosts her own programme „Mira Adanja-Polak – Exclusive“ on Radio Television of Serbia every Sunday at 15:30 on RTS 2, Monday at 21:30 on RTS World and Friday at 20:50 on RTS 3. She presents important personalities from political, cultural and show-business world.
Mira Adanja-Polak is the author of over 200 investigative documentaries, which have been shown in Eastern and Western Europe.
Considered by many „the Barbara Walters of Yugoslavia“, Mira Adanja-Polak is well known to millions of her countrymen and world-wide. She has interviewed many world celebrities in politics, business and the arts.
She is foreign desk consultant for ITN in London – working on the Channel Four News programme. During the Bosnian Conflict she secured exclusive interviews for the programme with the Serbian President, Slobodan Milosevic, and the leaders of the Bosnian Serbs – Radovan Karadzic and General Ratko Mladic. these interviews were included in special reports on the crisis in Srebrenica. They achieved world recognition and earned a number of prestigious International Broadcasting awards for Channel Four News – ITN.
Field Producer for People Magazine (New York) on the first visit of Royal familly to Belgrade after 6o years of exile presenting the new elected President Vojislav Kostunica to Western world in special profile, NBC TV’s Nightline programme – covering the visit of Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia to her native country.
Contributor for The Dictionary of Art (London) – supplying various articles and photographs on Eastern European Art.
Exclusive Reports for ROYALTY Magazine (London).
Consultant to ABC Television – Pierre Salinger’s Broadcasts – during the 1984 Winter Olympics in Sarajevo.
At the annual meeting of Y-peer of the United Nations in Cairo, Mira Adanja-Polak was granted the title of ambassador of UNFPA (United Nations Fund for Population Activities) for year 2009, for continued struggle against AIDS and spreading knowledge about this disease.
Mira Adanja-Polak is a journalist with large number of exclusive interviews with famous artists, politicians, businessmen, celebrities and royal family members.
Lord David Owen
Valery Giscard D’Estaing
Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia
Princess Leonide Romanoff
Prince Michelle Romanoff
Shimon Peres, long lasting president of Israel
Bojko Borisov, prime minister of Bulgaria
Borut Pahor, president of Slovenia
Ivo Pogorelic, pianist
Hugo Vickers, biographer of the British royal familly
Investigative documentaries include:
- Risk of Love (New York) – introducing the problem of AIDS in Eastern Europe
- Hospis – the art of dying
- File on Russian Csar
- Russian Cemetery in the West (Paris)
- Meeting the Son of Hitler’s Assassin (Graf Fon Stavfenberg) (Munich)
- Life of Aircraft Carrier Nimitz
- Royal Divorce (London)
- Christie’s – New York
- Visit to a Women’s Jail – Killing the Husband (Belgrade)
- Road of a Drug (Amsterdam)
- Widow of Communism (Tito’s Wife after 16 years of silence) (Belgrade)
- Hand of St. John the Baptist (Monte Negro)
- Woman Without Breasts (Belgrade)
- Adopting the Handicapped Child
- Berlin Wall (Before and After)
- Behind Closed Doors (West on Balkans)
- Love Letters From Mileva to Albert Einstein
- Balkan and Yugoslavia 1941-45
- Television series on AIDS
- Docummentary with anti mafia iniciator Vincenzo Conticelo in Rome and going back after 9 years to see what happened
- International Biographical Centre, Cambridge
- International Headers in Achievement 1991
- International Who’s Who of Intellectuals 1992
- British National Union of Journalist Freelance Directory
- Who’s Who (Yugoslavia)
“Amerikanci” (“The Americans”) – the result of research into American Society. Published in Yugoslavia in 1982.
Publications about Mira Adanja-Polak
- Dusan Slavkovic: Biti novinar, Belgrade, 1998
- Branislav Kovac: 33 X kako postati novinar, Belgrade, 1988
- Srpska porodicna enciklopedija (A-AR), 2006
- Povjesnica Milica od Macve, 1987
- Monografija Slobodana Sotirova Prijatelji i modeli 1946-2007